6 days ago
Bandar Laddus/Thokkudu Laddus
Melt in mouth gorgeous looking laddus that are made on almost all special occasions in a place called Bandar, also called as Machalipatnam in Andhra. Simple and easy to make with just a few staple ingredients. Try these awesome goodies this Diwali for your family and friends.Iam sure you will fall in love with them.
Category : Vegan
- PREP TIME 5 Minutes
- COOK TIME 30 Minutes
- SERVINGS 8
- Gram flour 2 cups
- Water 3/4 th cup
- Ghee or clarified butter 3 tbsp or little more
- Almonds slivered 1/4 th cup
- Raisins 1/4 th cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Oil to fry 2 cups
- First of all make a semi thick batter of gram flour and water.
- Using a chakli press or a stringhopper with a 3 hole attachment as that used for making moti sev, deep fry them until just light change in colour.
- Do not fry them for a long time. They should be soft and supple and not crispy at all. Fry them on a medium high heat.
- Let it cool down a bit. Until then, make a one string consistency sugar syrup.
- Now grind the sev using a dry jar attachment into a coarse powder.
- Stir this coarsely ground powder in the warm sugar syrup made earlier and mix well.
- Next, fry almonds and raisins in ghee and add these to the ground sev and sugar mix.
- While it is still warm, shape into laddus of your preferred size.
- Serve them immediately or store them in airtight containers after cooling and relish upto a week at room temperature or upto a month if refrigerated.